Monday, October 25, 2010

Ouch!

Ever question the choices you make? “What made me decide THAT was the best way to solve my problem?” Sometime we don’t have time to think and just react.

Saturday, I was bringing laundry downstairs. I’ve often said that I’ll probably die from a fall down my stairs. I live alone and if it weren’t for work, could go days before anyone would notice I haven’t been heard from. (You’re getting worried now, aren’t you?)

Okay back to the stairs. As I reach the 3rd or 4th step from the bottom, I trip. Not sure on what. Maybe my own feet. None the less, I trip. At that split second, I thought “that is going to HURT if I fall” and without out even realizing what I’m about to do, I jump. Bare footed. A couple of feet down. Onto a tile floor. It HURT, but I don’t think I broke anything…but I am quite certain it sealed the deal on my need for knee replacement surgery some day.

2 comments:

OK Chick said...

I would notice if you weren't around, and it wouldn't take days. :)

Stacey said...

Aww, shucks! ;o)