Thursday, September 30, 2010

September in a Nutshell

So I've become bad about updating.  Sorry, but my life is sooo not exciting these days.  It seems like a waste of time to write "this weekend I did laundry" or "last night I cleaned the bathroom".  You could care less.  And what has been eventful this last month has not been eventful enough, but here it is in a nutshell:
  • Been sick ALL month...literally.  Hate allergies
  • Went on a float trip with people from class to the Illinois River.  Despite being sick, had fun.  There was barely anyone on the river so it was nice and relaxing.  I do now feel the need to watch Deliverance, but too afraid to watch it alone since I've never seen it.
  • Cleaned my shower.  What makes this eventfully is that I really CLEANED it.  Lime scale and all.  Shower door has been my nemesis since I moved in.  It took me 3 hours.
  • Helped friend with a garage sale and got a TV that looks like it belongs in my entertainment center because my friend's husband is a "technology snob" and didn't think anyone would pay more than $20 for it.  I jokingly offered him $10 and he gave it to me for free.  I now owe them some free babysitting.
  • Someone appears to have a crush on me.  Granted he's only 2 1/2, but he's thrilled to see me and talks to me on his play phone when I'm not there.  Most attention I've gotten in a loooong time.  LOVE IT!!!
  • Finally battled the bathroom door downstairs.  It has progressively gotten harder to close since I moved in so I sanded it down so it will not close.  Now I just need to finish painting it.
  • Had another raccoon in the attic a few weeks ago.  Haven't heard it since, but not getting my hopes up that its gone for good.  Probably just staking his claim before winter.
  • Kitchen has been infested with crickets (first centipedes, then wasps, now crickets.  Hate to think what is next).  And spiders seem to be multiplying.  I could probably learn to live with spiders (as long as they leave me alone) if it wasn't for those stupid cobwebs.  They're everywhere!

 Yeah, I think that about covers it.

No comments: