Friday, May 28, 2010

Welcome Summer!

I love summer! Though there are things I enjoy about spring and fall, I LOVE summer. I love being able to spend time in the water. If I had a pool or lived near a decent lake, that is where you would find me ever spare moment. Brad Paisley’s new single “Water” should be my theme song (minus the wet t-shirt part). As a kid, if there was water, I always managed to “accidentally” fall in.

I love having/going to cookouts. I love grilled hamburgers and homemade ice cream. I love baseball games, and fireworks (LOVE LOVE LOVE fireworks). I love shorts and sandals. I love working in the flower beds. I love watching fire flies (I get those in my back yard). I also love driving thru Kansas during early summer and seeing the wheat about to be harvested. Harvest time in Kansas and cookouts by the river are still my two favorite childhood memories.

So here’s to you summer. Please don’t fly by too quickly. I’ll enjoy fall when it gets here, but it can take its time.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Call me and you can swim in our neighborhood pool anytime with us! We will be there when it opens!

OK Chick said...

I've enjoyed summer so far as well. I'm looking forward to more walks!