Monday, February 22, 2010

Sad Day

It was a sad day in my home yesterday...my favorite hair brush broke. At first I thought I had easily had this brush for 8 years, but when I look back at it, I'm thinking I have possibly had it closer to 14 years!!! This hair brush has seen me through good dates and bad dates; boyfriends and break ups; good hair cuts and even helped me to survive some bad ones. This hair brush got me through my 20's and has helped me to survive the jump into my 30's. I've tried to change hair brushes over the years, but I've always come back to my old reliable.

I know, I know...it was time to let it go. I even know there are some that think my holding on to things for a long time is because I don't like change. Actually, that's not it at all. When it comes to purses, wallets, shoes, etc. it's because I'm really picky about these things and it can take a long time for me to find a suitable replacement. And when it comes to things like alarm clocks, head bands, or hair brushes it becomes more of an iconic thing for me. I like being able to look at something and say "wow, I've had this ___ # of years and it still works." So few things last long anymore, so I like it when I possess something that has withstood the test of time.

So Ulta, hear I come! You just better have a hair brush that can meet my high expectations! FYI, I've had my pick since I was in high school and the head band I use to wash my face since I was in Jr. High.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I totally agree with you. I had my favorite purple comb since 7th grade - it was purple for Wylie Middle School. And I LOST it just this year. Tears were shed.

Unknown said...

I'm the same way...except with mechanical pencils. Did anyone else hear "Oh where is my hairbrush" while reading this?