Monday, November 02, 2009

Cookies, Glasses, and a Flashback to the 80’s

Cookies
These are the Halloween sugar cookies I made this weekend. Believe it or not, it’s the first time I actually made Halloween sugar cookies. I bought a new “boo” cookie cutter and had a fun with it. I named the green cookie “Frankencookie”. It was actually an accident, but my favorite once I was done. I took pictures so that I could it to my Esty site next year.




Glasses
Because of too much extra money I have in my cafeteria plan this year, I decided this would be the year to replace my frames. I’ve had the same frames since I got glasses seven years ago. Since I don’t have to wear them all the time they’ve held up well, but I was bored with them. Plus I also needed new prescription sun glasses because the ones I have give me a headache because they’re too tight and they couldn’t loosen them up. To my delight, EyeMasters was having a “Buy One, Get One Free” sale with no exclusions. Score! Of course, I couldn’t pick out glasses on my own, so I had to call in reinforcements.

Saturday morning, my friend/fashion advisor met me at the mall to help me pick out glasses. No joke, I think at one point we had close to 20 pairs of frames in our hands. Just randomly trying to narrow it down wasn’t working, so we divided them up by style and narrowed down each style, then narrowed down what was left. It took us a while, but we finally found a winner (sunglasses were thankfully easier).

One of the sales people asked me on numerous occasions if I had finally found frames. He was laughing by time I took the final selection to him.


Flashback to the 80’s
My bible class had an 80’s Party on Saturday night. It was actually a lot of fun. (Side note, anyone else notice lately how “80’s” many of the current styles are. Scary!) Here are a few pictures from the event. I didn’t do a great job of getting very good pictures, but you get the gist. Awe, the good ‘ol days.

No comments: