Friday, September 11, 2009

Random Stuff

We have a new guy working on our copier. I don’t think he knows what he’s doing. I’m nervous.

For some reason, I have been waking up at approximately 3:30 every morning for so long I can’t remember when it started. And when I wake up, I’m totally freaked out that there is someone in my house and it takes me a while to go back to sleep. Which means I am ALWAYS tired…and sleep aids don’t help.

I am not a big salt person, so I bought some unsalted pretzels. Note to self, some things need salt. Didn’t want to throw them out, so I got the BRIGHT idea to make taco seasoned pretzels. Mixed everything up according to the recipe and put them in the microwave. Seems the microwave owned by the creator of the recipe is not quite as powerful as mine. I took them out to stir them half way through as directed…and they weren’t burnt! Not a little toasty burnt, but about to burst into flames burnt. I’m not sure if I’m happy or concerned that the smoke didn’t set off my smoke alarm. The ones that aren’t burnt are good. Moral of this story…don’t buy unsalted pretzels.

As a result of the above, I tried opening up my house last night to let it air out. Like many other things on my house, the screen door isn’t quite up to par and some flies quickly found their way in. They didn’t last long…and if any of my neighbors were listening, they heard a crazy lady yelling “die fly!” multiple times. Last count…flies 0, Stacey 4!

Watched a rerun of NCIS recently and in this particular episode, Air Force 1 landed in of all places, Wichita, Kansas. In the course of dialog, the “coroner” says he has jurisdiction in “Wichita County”. Wichita County? Okay, NCIS writers, do your research. You can get the name of the airport right, but you can’t get the name of the county right? FYI, Wichita, Kansas is in Sedgwick County and a good 250 miles from Wichita County.

I hate it when gas prices are low until I go to fill up with gas or go down the day after I fill up. Seriously, for almost a week, prices were under $2.20 (yeah, I know…some of you live in areas that would die to have gas prices that low). Monday, they were $2.15 on the corner and I should have filled up then, but I was busy. Yesterday, they were $2.25. 10 cents that quick?!? I know…quit whining, but I really could have used some cheap gas this month. Ugh!

Last but not least, I am now among an elite 2 (maybe 3) to be the proud owner of the new window decals for my church. I know you’re jealous, but you too could be a proud owner in just a few short weeks. If this isn’t encouragement to read your bulletin, I don’t know what is.

4 comments:

jenn b said...

So, who do you have to know to get ahold of said window decals? I'm thinking I might know somebody with connections... hehe!

OK Chick said...

My dr told me to stop waking up at 3:30 you should do a couple things...

A) Do not sleep with the TV/Radio on.
B) Turn off all lights/TV/Radio?Computer at 9:00. This will help shut down your brain.
C) Change your light bulbs (in your room) to blue/yellow light bulbs, again this will relax your brain.

He said the reason we wake up at 3:30 or 4 is because our brains have not completely shut off.
Of course, I did not follow all these rules, but I do try to turn off all lights at 9, and if I watch TV after 9 it's in bed with all the lights off. It has seemed to help.

Stacey said...

Yeah, I've tried that stuff. Also tried sleeping in a cold room, taking a hot shower before bed, and the usual "no caffine after 7 p.m.". The only thing I haven't tried because I haven't had to money to buy one, is a sound machine.

Michelle said...

I read the bulletin and didn't read about the decals....correction I attempt to read the bulletin while Cooper tries to pull it out of my hands, I did see them at information central