Friday, July 10, 2009

And I'm Off

Twenty-four hours from now (if all goes as planned) I will be on my way here:



The only constant in my life for the last 26 years. I have spent at least one week (sometimes two) at this place since I was nine. It holds many fond memories (and few traumatizing ones). Many of the staff are like my second family and the week is like one big reunion.


It's changed a lot over the years. New mess hall with a/c. New cabins with a/c. The old chapel is gone, a new one is being built (may be done by time I get there). The trees that used to encircle the lake have been removed. But no matter how much changes, in many ways it's still the same. And if I ever have children, I hope they love it as much as I do.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

My 11-year old Chris just got back from 1st session last Saturday and he LOVED it. I can't believe I am old enough to have an 11-year old! Adopting him and his brother (7) was the best thing we've ever done. :) I know your future kids will love it too!!!