Thursday, June 04, 2009

I'm Perplexed

So, here is my dilemma…I am SOOOO bored with my job I can’t stand it. It’s not that I’m not busy, it’s just not challenging for me anymore (well, not in a good way…there are days when it is “challenging”.)

The easy answer is to look for a new job. I’ve tried doing that; the problem is I have no idea what I want to do when I grow up. Nothing sounds appealing and it’s hard to look for a job when I don’t really know what you’re looking for. If I were viewing this from someone else’s position I would say its laziness, but really I enjoy staying busy. I would get bored sitting around all day. But I want to enjoy going to work (at least most of the time, I know everyone has those days when they dread having to go to work…but that is a part of life.)

Last summer I was contacted about a position working for an auction firm and the job would require traveling and handling the logistics of all their auctions. Though it was in another town and I might not have been able to accept the position for logistical reasons, I was really intrigued and a little disappointed that I never heard back from them the second time…but oh well. That is the only job I have run across that REALLY sounded interesting…ever. I’ve interviewed for some stuff that I thought would be a good change, but never felt like the best fit.

And don’t get me wrong, I KNOW how blessed I am to have a job, and there was a time when I loved my job, but I’m just one of those people that once I have “mastered” something, I’m ready to take on something else. I’ve pretty much done everything I can (and care to) do where I’m at. I need a new challenge.

Ugh! After all this time, you would think I would have this figured out by now.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

These are interesting thoughts here. I think I need to email you my opinion - just in case you care to know it.

Stacey said...

I do care to know, so email me.

Sarah said...

I still think you should consider being a flight attendant!!!