Friday, June 06, 2008

Highlight from the Past Few Weeks:

I haven't had time to do much posting lately, so here it is on warp speed...

5-1 Ladder my mom bought me because I seriously needed one.

Cordless Power Screw Driver my brother bought me because he missed my birthday last year.

Seeing people I haven’t seen in YEARS, the biggest being a childhood friend I hadn’t seen in at least 10 years.

Being whistled at in the Homeland Parking Lot by two teenage boys. Thanks boys. I know you were just doing what teenage boys do, but you gave this “older woman” a much needed ego boost. =o)

Making $86k net at Relay (But we have until August to reach that goal of $90k. You can go here to donate!) =o)

Having 30 people in our new singles class the first Sunday it met (I was nervous about the turnout).

Dinner with Shelleye.

Pedicures with Jenn (even if I did spend more than I intended to because I couldn’t understand the lady and kept saying “sure”. Yeah, don’t do that.)

Getting a Team Captain Bag. I know that probably sounds silly, but they were kind of pricey (and the cost comes out of our Relay), so they only ordered enough for the team captains, and there weren’t extras for the committee but I really wanted one, so Sara got me one for my Event Chair gift. I was excited!


Now for the “Not So Funny” Highlights (that I can laugh at now):

The UCO Security Officer (aka Barney Fife) who tried to kick us off campus and out of our accounting room b/c his boss failed to tell him we’d be there. Seriously, did he think that 300 people would just show up and use UCO tables and chairs without clearing it first. Some people have nothing better to do.

Dropping a bag of ice on my foot. I know that your supposed to ice your foot when you drop something heavy on it, but I don’t think that is the way you’re supposed to go about it.

The Gator (kind of like a golf cart) that I borrowed from work being moved and the keys being taken. THANKFULLY, we were able to get a replacement key free of charge. Thank you RSC!

Almost falling head first into the copier this morning because I tripped on my own feet (okay, that was pretty funny).

Burning my forearm on the oven door making cookies. It hurt and there it left a scar.


Yeah, that is all I can thank of at the moment. That should suffice for the time being. =o)

No comments: