Monday, April 14, 2008

Please Don’t Shoot the Messenger

I don’t know how many of you have the kind of job where from time to time, you are required to be the barer of news to a co-worker that is not going to make them very happy. If you do you probably can feel my pain right now.

I don’t know why I keep getting putting in this position because I’m not any of their supervisors and most of them seem to resent getting this information from me and I find myself in the middle of a battle that really isn’t mine. I often feel the need to duck and cover. I don’t know why people always insist on making me the bad guy. It happens at camp a lot too. I had a co-counselor once ask me to tell one of her campers that her shorts were too short because she “didn’t want the girl to hate [her]”. What, like I want her to hate me?

Anyway, I’m having one of those days today. It happens a little too often for my taste. And this one could be a big one, so I currently feel the need to get in a fetal position in the corner, cover my head and plead “Don’t Shoot the Messenger!!!”

No comments: