Monday, February 04, 2008

Weekend Happenings

This weekend I went to Kansas to do the birthday thing with the family. It was a good weekend (though I never sleep well at my mom’s…I think I’m just not used to a twin bed). Here is a rundown of the weekend…

Made a poodle skirt for our Relay Kick-Off on Tuesday. It’s a little full, but hey, it’s only for one night.

Kyler Russell finally made his appearance into this world. I make it sound like he was over-due, but he came on his due date. I guess I had known for so long that he was coming, it seemed like it was taking forever. =o) I figured it would be Saturday since I was out of town...and it was. But I got to go watch some of the Super Bowl half-time show with him. He’s a keeper. Congrats to his mom and dad and VERY proud big sister.

I got a propane grill for my birthday. I’m really excited about this. I love grilled food and though charcoal tastes better, you have to plan ahead if you’re going to use charcoal. I also got grilling tools from my brother and sister-in-law. Now I just need to go pick up the actual grill at Lowe’s (my mom decided giving me a gift card for it would be easier than wrapping it.)

I also got a big broom for my birthday. Now I can sweep out my garage!!! And yes, I asked for this…just like the snow shovel.

Sunday morning my hair dryer blew up while I was getting ready for church. First I heard a pop. Then I saw a quick flash. And then I heard a few more pops, then an even brighter flash. At this point, I turned off the dryer and unplugged it. But wondering if it was a fluke, I plugged it in again and turned it on. It started popping some more. I decided it was done for. I am now in the market for a new hair dryer. I’m hoping to get a Chi dryer off of eBay for a good price, but if I haven’t won something by the end of the week, I’m going to have to give in and go to Wal-Mart because at the moment I’m using an unclaimed hair dryer from camp that didn’t sell in the garage sale…it took me 30 minutes to dry my hair this morning. This is not good.

The Mississippi Squirrel has a Kansas cousin and he made his appearance at my mom’s church on Sunday morning. Church had just started when you start hearing all this commotion. Then the song leader stops and looks a little puzzled. He then informs everyone there is a squirrel loose in the auditorium and asked the ushers to open the doors and try to chase him out. The mission was successful…and humorous.

No comments: