Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Sweetest Thing

I was reading this article on MSN a little bit ago and they listed things people said were the sweetest thing anyone ever did for them on a date. The things listed I didn’t really wow ME that much, but what I realized is that what warms the heart is different for each person.

For me the sweetest thing a guy ever did for me was scrape my windshield. I had been dating him for a couple of months and even though I thought he was a really great guy, I just didn’t feel about him the way I thought I should be feeling at that point. I had even been praying that I would feel differently because he really was a wonderful guy. Then one night after church he was driving me to my car. It had snowed while we were at church so the cars were covered in snow. When we got to my car he got his scraper out while I went to get mine so I could scrape own my car. I assumed he was scraping his windows better for his drive home, but when I looked up, he was clearing mine. I think what got me was I didn’t even once wish he’d do it…which made it mean even more. Having a lack of feelings for him after that evening was no longer an issue.

So, just curious, what is the sweetest thing a date has ever done for you?

3 comments:

Suzy said...

I dated a guy once in college that brought me yellow roses every single time we went out. Not sure that was the sweetest thing but I might need some time to mull over all my past romances. Should only take me about an hour. :)

Anonymous said...

Mark does sweet things all the time. I am blessed!

Stacey said...

If I wasn't so happy for you, I'd be gagging right now. ;o)