Monday, May 14, 2007

I Need Something New to Post

Nothing that has been going on lately is worth writing about. Here have been the highlights:

1) Visit from my cousin and her kids. A lot of fun for me, boring to read about for anyone who doesn't know them. An audio recording of them talking would be entertaining. Very hick. I'll have to work on that.

2) I need new genes. My blood pressure went up all of a sudden two weeks ago, so I'm temporarily on blood pressure meds to get it back down. The doctor thinks a lot of it is stress but ran labs. I got them back last week and my cholesterol is high. It's quite frustrating b/c 95% of what they suggest I do to lower it I already do b/c of my family history. I was hoping I would have a few more years before this would be an issue. Guess I'm going to have to be stricter about it than I've been.

3) I hate buying clothes. This used to be something I loved, but it's just getting more and more frustrating for several reasons A) very limited financial resources; B) can't find pants that fit b/c I'm built weird; and C) can't find skirts that aren't either too short, that fit, or that don't look like hideous on me. Shopping for clothes is just overall frustrating. So for those of you that question my fashion sense lately...get used to it because I've given up.

4) I planted flowers recently and something is trying to dig them up and has killed over half. The same thing happened last year. I tried sprinkling "Critter Rid" but I think I was a little too late...the damage had been done. I've planted these flowers before when I lived in the condo and they were so easy to take care of, but ever since I moved into my house, something keeps killing them. With all the things living out behind my house, it could be anything.

5) Relay for Life is only about 2 1/2 weeks away. Funny how it sneaks up on you. I'm just praying it doesn't rain. We're suppose to have a back up plan (though I'm having difficulty getting that confirmed at the moment), but I don't want to go to the back up plan. Things have actually been going fairly smooth on my end, which has me nervous that it's about to all blow up. Things would go a lot smoother if people would return my phone calls/emails...of course, it might not be them. For some reason this year, UCO keeps marking me as Spam and so I never know if they're aren't getting my message or just ignoring me.

So, that's it for the day (likely for the rest of the week.) Have a good one!

No comments: