Monday, February 26, 2007

Fried Chicken

One of my favorite foods is friend chicken – but I never was a big fan of the way my mom fixed it (it was okay, just not my favorite). Last week I found a recipe in the Willams-Sonoma catalogue I got in the mail, so I decided to give it a try. Knowing this might not turn out as well as I hoped, I only bought 4 chicken thighs (decided to keep it as cheap as possible). I must say, the process went really well until I got to the deep frying part. I was having trouble keeping the oil at the right temperature. The first piece was BLACK because the oil was too hot and cooked the outside much faster than the inside. The second piece was okay, but still a little over done and that was also the case with pieces three and four. I’m thinking unless I get a Fry Daddy or something, KFC might have market on fried chicken in my household. PLUS my house smells awful. I cannot get rid of the smell. It might have to be a spring-time, open the house up, kind of meal. =o)
P.S. This is the way mine was supposed to look...it didn't!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Invest in an electric skillet. They hold temperature well. My mom always used it for frying chicken, and it never burned.