Monday, January 22, 2007

Turning the Other Cheek

Sorry, this won't be an funny or entertaining post today - but instead a true confession. Don't like it, tough. It's my blog and I can be serious if I want to.

I’m having a hard time turning the other cheek lately. I’ve always been taught to treat others the way I wanted to be treated, so I often do things I really don’t want to do, just because it’s the “polite” thing to do. But I’m getting tired of having to be “polite” to people who treat me badly. I’m tired of doing things to “keep the peace” when I know that when these people are in my shoes, the same wouldn’t happen and my feelings wouldn’t even be considered. As much as I don’t WANT to do what is going to keep the peace right now, I also know that I probably will just because I’m wired that way. It's really annoying.

No comments: