Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Psalm 37

I love it when I've been praying about something and then when you sit down to read your Bible and the passage you read totally hits home - almost like God's saying "I hear your prayer and this is what I have to say for now." I had one of those experiences this morning and it's made for a good start to my day.

Psalm 37:1-8

Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away. Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.

No comments: