Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Second Source of Income

I have found a second form of income. Not steady, but not back “pocket change” now and then. I’m going to become a human guinea pig. Kind of makes it sound like I'm selling myself, doesn't it?

I had to go to the allergist today for a follow-up. Which before I go any farther, I have to note that I sat in the exam room for an HOUR waiting to be seen. One of the ladies did have me come do a clinical trial for her while I waited – which gave me something to do for 5 minutes of that time. Next time, I’m taking a good book!

Anyway, the doctor is asking questions about how I’ve been doing and then tells me that I would have been perfect for a clinical trial they just finished on people with weed allergies. She thought it paid around $250. Even though I missed out on this one, she wanted to know if I’d be interested in doing them in the future. Shoot! Sign me up!!! I can handle the risk of being miserable for a short period of time for that kind of money. I know several other people that have been doing clinical trials with this same doctor for a while now. I guess one of them got paid $1,000 once (rare, but hey – that would be new flooring if I got the opportunity).

I was joking with a co-worker that this is how I could finance the booth I’ve wanted to open at The Market.

No comments: