Thursday, September 14, 2006

No Smokers Here

Twice now, in the last week, we have received mail at our house for a former resident. Not unusual I know, but what it weird it that it is cigarettes. Sample packs from Camel. And what I find strange is that I have lived there for almost a year now and we’re just now starting to receive these packages.

I think it is weird – and wrong. The package says it’s illegal to mail cigarettes to minors, but how to they know a minor isn’t going to gain access. I didn’t expect them to come in the mail. If I had teenagers that checked the mail, they could easily take them without my knowing about it – because again, I wasn’t expecting them in the first place.

I keep putting “return to sender” on the box hoping to get off the mailing list, but we’ll see.

No comments: