Friday, September 15, 2006

It HURTS

Yesterday afternoon, I had a funny thought. I decided that maybe I just needed to cut off the entire right side of my body. My right jaw hurts, my right hand hurts, my right knee hurts and I have a blister on a toe on my right foot. Then last night, the icing on the cake. I was getting something out of the freezer and I dropped a container on my right foot and it seems I might have fractured one of my toes. It HURTS. The only way I can walk on it is to walk on my heel. And I cannot stand for anything to touch it. Needless to say, I didn’t sleep well last night because the blankets kept touching it and waking me up. It doesn’t throb as much as it did last night, but I avoid walking as much as possible. This morning I called the doctor to make sure there wasn’t anything else I should be doing other than icing it and taking ibuprofen. There’s not – so I just get to suffer for the next several days at least and wear open toed shoes. Did I mention – it HURTS!!!!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Well, considering by Sunday afternoon I was able to walk on it without discomfort and by Monday was able to wear closed toed shoes without pain, I think it's a safe bet that all I did was bruise the bone REALLY bad.

I am surprised that it isn't broken after it got stepped on 3 times within 30 minutes on Saturday.

Stacey said...

It's fine, thanks. It's still bruised, but it doesn't really hurt anymore. As for the Watusi, I wasn't doing that before I hurt my foot.