Friday, August 25, 2006

You Got to Love My Mom

Ever since I moved into my house, I have wanted to get some sort of bed for my spare room. I wanted to get a futon so that it wouldn’t take up a lot of space, but haven’t had the money to purchase a good one as of yet. So recently, my mom has been talking about getting rid of one of the many twin beds she has in her house to make room for a full or queen size bed. I of course offered to take one off her hands.

Well, with some friends’ wedding quickly approaching which will also bring much anticipated house guests, I decided I needed to find a way to get the bed from there to here pretty soon. I priced renting a pick-up truck online and found out that I can rent one for a day for around $45. So I tell my mom my plan and that I’m going to try to come get it soon.

Well, my mom didn’t want me to spend the money to rent a truck and said she would just put it in her car and bring it down to me this weekend. My mom drives a Ford Focus. But she was insistent that if she laid the seats down, it would fit. We actually got in an argument over it one night because I kept telling her it wouldn’t fit and she said she knew what she was talking about. She even called me to say that she measured it and there was plenty of room. I still kept telling her it might be long enough, but they wouldn’t fit in her car at the angle they would have to go in. Still she was insistent, so I dropped it and told her that if she could get it to fit, great. Otherwise, I would rent a vehicle and come get it.

The plan was that my brother would come over last night and load it in her car for her (even though he also didn’t think it would fit). She called me last night after Brad left. It didn’t fit (surprise, surprise). But hey, she tried and I guess that’s all that counts.

Anyway, looks like I’ll be making a quick trip to Kansas in the next week or so. I think it’s going to have to be next Saturday to get the cheap rate. Road trip anyone?

No comments: