Thursday, July 27, 2006

Weird Phone Call of the Day

As many of you know, I work for church and more often than I would like, I have to answer the phone. Working in a church, you get LOTS of weird phone calls. Here is today's winner:

Me: "[Name of the church], this is Stacey."

Lady: "I have a question, have you ever gone by the name Renaissance Women's Hospital?"

Me: "Uh, no we haven't."

Lady: "Really?"

Me: "Uh, yeah. Matter of fact, Renaissance Women's Hospital closed."

Lady (sounding disappointed): "Really?"

Me: "Yeah."

Lady: "Okay then. Thanks."

To my knowledge, we have not been birth'n no babies here, though if you saw our Toddler Hallway, you might question that fact. I'm not sure what possesed her to call and ask that question, because our phone numbers were no where close to each other and I would think the fact that we are a church would make it kind of obvious that we've never gone by the name of a women's hospital, but I guess you never know. ;o)

No comments: