Friday, June 16, 2006

The Whistling Plumber

I had to call a plumber yesterday b/c the toilet in my bathroom was having issues. There was something wrong with the pump. At first, Jay, our maintenance guy, said that I could easily fix it myself and said he had an extra of the part I would need. But since my luck hasn’t been the best and I have this home warranty anyway, I decided that it was worth the $45 to have someone else do it.

The guy came by about 5 p.m. yesterday and was super nice. Feeling a little strange leaving a stranger a lone in my bedroom, I stuck close by. This guy cracked me up because the whole time he was working, he whistled – and was actually pretty good at it. He seemed to be a fan of Harry Connick/Michael BublĂ© type music. Normally whistlers bug me, but he was entertaining. He also didn’t charge me as much as he was supposed to because he was only there for 10-15 minutes.

And for those of you wondering, this plumber understands the concept of a belt and was crack-free!

No comments: