Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Weekend Recap

So, here is a recap of my Memorial Day Weekend…

Went to Kansas to help my mom sort through some stuff for her garage sale, INSTEAD, my grandma (dad’s mom that some of you have heard stories about) fell and broke her hip, so we spent a lot of time at the hospital. She was lucky that it only required 3 pins instead of a hip replacement, but I foresee a big family weekend of moving her to a house without stairs before the year is up.

Got outbid at the LAST second, literally, on some software I really needed for work on ebay (who ever out bid me, I hope you’re happy. I REALLY needed that software!)

Chipped my tooth eating salad, so now I have to go to the dentist on Wednesday to get it fixed. Hopefully my night guard will still fit when they’re done because I don’t want to pay to replace it.

Didn’t get the job I applied for. Not so bummed about the job, just bummed that I still haven’t found anything. I’m sure there is a reason, but I’m really anxious for a change.

So, this wasn’t the worst Memorial Day I’ve ever had (that would be either be the one where Billy & I broke up or the following year when my other grandma died), but definitely could have been at least a lot more fun.

3 comments:

Krista said...

How did you manage to chip a tooth while eating salad?

Stacey said...

Krista, we're kindred spirits. You should know better than to ask. =) Let's just say that I didn't get the fork out of my mouth soon enough. It's all fixed now.

Krista said...

ya...I can totally see that happening to me