Monday, February 27, 2006

It’s Baaaccckkk!

Oh yes, my non-rent paying resident moved back in on Saturday. Is it the exact same one? Don’t know – kind of doubt it, but it does like the same part of the attic…right above my bed. I already wasn’t sleeping well on Friday night/Saturday, but at 5:10 a.m. when I am awoken by something walking overhead and the sound of plaster cracking, and going back to sleep was not an option.

At first I was mad that I was awake, then I was mad that it had come back, then I was freaked out that it might fall through the ceiling and I would not only have a big hole in my ceiling that I would have to have repaired, but that I would also have a raccoon loose in my room and well…you can picture the drama that would be taking place. At about 6:00 a.m., I finally yelled out “GET OUT OF MY ATTIC!” Not that it did any good, but I at least was able to vent my frustration without the fear of waking my roommate (she was out of town).

So yesterday we (i.e. Melissa) ventured back into her closet and opened the crawl space and once again set the trap for our “friend”. I didn’t hear him (I hope it’s a him, I don’t want babies up there), but I also didn’t hear anything in the trap when I left for work, so I think it decided to stay outside last night instead of coming in. GOOD!

Honestly, it’s my own fault. I should have figured out where it is coming in by now, but I’m just so freaked out by my attic, that I have not been able to bring myself to go get a ladder and climb up there and check it out. And now knowing that it is probably sleeping up there during the day really doesn’t encourage me to want to check it out. I guarantee you that if I came face to face with ANYTHING up there, it would not be pretty. I’d probably fall through the ceiling trying to get out of there. I did look out Melissa’s window to see if it was getting in the vent there, but even though it looks like something had bent the mesh, it doesn’t look loose – which probably means that it is getting in at my neighbor’s and I didn’t think it would go over all that well if he looked out the window and saw me standing there. Can you see the headlines now “Church Secretary Arrested on Peeping Tom Charge!”

So, if anyone out there wants to venture up into my attic and find the point of entry and fix it for me, there would at the very least be cookies in it for you, and maybe even dinner if that’s what it takes!!!!

No comments: