Friday, September 02, 2005

Momentary Lapse of Gratitude

Lately I have been feeling like I’m trying to run up the down escalader and getting no where. I’ve been so busy at work and working really long hours, yet feel like I’m getting no where. So, last night all of that frustration kind of came to a head and started feeling sorry for myself because on top of it all, finances have been really tight lately due to an abundance of unexpected expenses. And then it hit me. I started feeling like such a heel. I had just earlier been watching reports on TV about everything going on in Louisiana and Mississippi and how quickly I had let my own “self woes” let me forget how fortunate I actually am. I have a roof over my head, I have clothes in my closet, water in my faucet, and though they might not be the most appetizing combinations, I could survive for at least 2 weeks – maybe 3 on what is in my cabinets right now. These people have NOTHING right now. Definitely not one of my prouder moments.

No comments: