Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Ramblings About My Day

Well, since I'm looking for something to do, I thought I would ramble a little about my day. Let me start by saying that today is the first day of VBS. Yes, it is a mad house around here. It has quieted down a little at the moment, but will be picking up here again in about half an hour. We've already had our first injury of the year. A child ran into one of our secretaries and broke her toe. She is now sporting a lovely boot. =)

Even though the theme changes every year, some things with VBS always stay the same. There will always be crying children, we will always have at least one child during the week go missing which requires an all-out man hunt. We will always have people calling wanting us to go locate someone for them (finding a needle in a haystack would be easier). Not everything about VBS is bad because we always get cookies (well, not last year, they forgot about us).

The lovely spots all over my ankle appear to be a really bad case of chiggers. How I got chiggers on my knee, I'll never know. I guess they travel.

Today, I get to go to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. Normally I wouldn't be excited about this, but I'm looking forward to getting out of the office.

Last night, I mowed the yard. It was so high that the poor mower almost didn't survive. Now we just need an edger. It also probably wouldn't hurt for us to plant some more flowers. Doubt I'll bother this summer. Maybe next.

Well, that's as random as it's going to get today.

No comments: