Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Rattle Snake Derby


Rattle snake cage Posted by Hello

This past weekend, after much coaxing, I attended my first Rattle Snake Derby in Mangum, OK. Actually it was the 40th Anniversary, but I didn't buy a comerative t-shirt. Since this was my only experience with Rattle Snake Derbys, I don't have much to compare it to. I wish I would have been brave enough to take more pictures because there were a lot of strange people running around. I saw women wearing things they should have reconsidered, mullets, and people taking pictures with a rattle snake around their necks (I'm told the snakes mouth was sewn shut, but I don't care...that's just wrong!). The people watching was by far the best part. I swear I smoked an entire pack of cigarettes though -- second hand of course. So, this was my excitement for the weekend. I know your jealous.

No comments: