Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Accident Prone Queen

I think I am the most accident prone person alive – especially when it comes to anything hot. For anyone who has known me long enough, you know that I am infamous for burning myself. I’ve picked up curling irons by the barrel, I’ve had more “curling iron” hickies than anyone I’ve ever know (some of which were pretty serious). I’ve burnt my hand on the stove numerous times, and me and matches…not a good match. I even have a nice large scar on my fore arm from reaching over a steaming coffee pot to get a cup. But I think this time, I have outdone myself.

First, I’m going to share a little beauty secret with you about myself…I wax my own eyebrows. Why pay someone to do something I can do myself. After Saturday night, I will be paying someone in the future. You see, late Saturday night, I was heating up the wax in the microwave (new container by the way). Problem was, it wasn’t melting like it should, but it had already been in there longer than it was supposed to be, so I didn’t want to heat it up any longer. So I was poking around on the surface trying to see if it was even slightly soft yet when I hit a soft spot and hot wax came spraying out and hit me in the face. Yeah, not good. So I quickly ran into the bathroom to try to get the wax off. As I’m trying to take the wax off, I discover that more than wax is coming off…so is my skin.

To make a long story short, I now have this not-so-lovely burn pattern across my face that I’m desperately hoping doesn’t scar me for life. I am putting vitamin E oil on it daily to try to reduce any permanent scaring. It hurts like the dickens and I probably shouldn’t be putting make-up on it, but I am not leaving my house looking like this. I was going to post a picture, but thankfully I guess, it doesn’t show up as well in pictures.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I hope you're starting to feel better now and healing well.