Tuesday, February 01, 2005

I HATE being Sick!

I've been fighting - successfully I thought - until yesterday when I woke up with a weird feeling throat. I was hoping it was like the other "weird feeling thoats" I've had lately and was just allergies, but no such luck. I woke up this morning feeling like I had been hit by a truck and the worst part is, I know the worst is still to come. So this list of things I hate most about having a cold (or what ever it is I have) is dedicated to my lovely co-workers who so generously spread it around.

1) Sneezing. I hate sneezing, because when I'm sick and I sneeze, I really sneeze. If you've ever been around me much, you've noticed that most of the year, when I start to sneeze, its this big build up and then nothing. But not when I'm sick. I have an even bigger build up and then Katie bar the door! It hurts - so I hate sneezing.

2) Runny nose. Where does all that snot come from? If it's always in my head, why does it feel the need to "leave the building" when I'm sick. Sticking a kleenex up my nose is usually becomes an option.

3) My mood. I don't know why, but I feel this overwhelming need to be a BIG WHINEY BABY when I start getting sick. Luckily for those around me, this does pass once the full fledged sickness kicks in (by that point, I feel too bad to whine, I just want to be left alone).

4) My Bladder. Why do I have to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes when I'm sick? Annoying.

5) Plugged up Ears. I hate feeling like I'm talking in some sort of underground tunnel.

6) Loss of voice. I hate sounding like a frog, but when I get sick, the voice is the first to go. I go from sounding like a man to sounding like a frog.

7) Coughing. Every cold is followed by the "I'm going to cough up every internal organ before it's over" cough. And it lasts FOREVER!

8) Loss of taste. Nothing tastes right when you have a cold.

9) Phlem. If it's not running out your nose, it's draining down you're thoat (sick I know, but I' sick and I don't really care right now.)

10) The "don't feel bad enough to stay home, but don't feel good enough to want to be at work" feeling. I hate having to prioritize whether my "sickness" is bad enough to warrent the mess that will be waiting for me when I return to work if I stay home. Just not fair. Can't a person at least enjoy wallowing in their sickness without the stress of worrying about the work that is waiting for them. I'm confident that is why I'm sick now. My co-workers felt the need to come to work because they had so much work to do and in the process spread their sickness to the rest of us. Ugh!!!

1 comment:

Krista said...

I hope both of you start to feel better soon. I was sick last week and this is exactly how everything started. I ended up having to miss work the entire week because I completely lost my voice. It was not fun coming back to work on Monday morning.

Get lots of rest and drink some orange juice.