Friday, October 08, 2004

It's Getting Hot in Here...

I have the noisiest neighbor in the world! Always pounding on the wall and playing their stereo loudly… (Just kidding!) Actually, I adore my neighbors. For those of you who don’t know, I live right next door to friends from church, Tams and Kat. Anytime you share walls with other people, you expect noise and it doesn’t really bother me (as long as I’m not trying to sleep) and my most recent neighbors are very courteous in this area – until last night.

Let me set the stage for you. You see, Kat and I share a wall, so I can usually hear her stereo, but she always turns it off before I go to bed, so it’s usually not a problem. Last night, I was starting to head to bed about 10:20ish and Kat’s stereo was going. I still needed to read my Bible, so I thought “I’ll do my reading and if it’s still going when I’m ready to go to sleep, I’ll just call and ask her to turn it down.” No big deal really, until I started to read. I hadn’t been paying attention to what she was listening too. Normally I can’t even tell – I just hear the bass. But last night as I start reading and I find myself distracted by the words to the song she was listening to… “It’s getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes…” It really takes away from your personal Bible study when you have a song like that going through your head. So, I decided to go ahead and call.

I guess our friend, Jayna, was over there visiting because she answered Kat’s phone. I was a little thrown at first and wasn’t sure who I was talking to, but our conversation went something like this:

Jayna “Hello.”
Me “Hey, it’s Stacey”
Kat (in the background) “Tell her we’ll turn it down”
Me “I don’t want to be the gripey neighbor, but ‘it’s getting hot in here’”
Jayna “you can hear that”
Me “yes, and it wouldn’t be so bad, but I’m trying to read my Bible”
Jayna (laughing to Kat) “She’s trying to read her Bible and now she wants to ‘take off all her clothes’”

At this point all conversation erupted into laughter and I’m not sure what any of us said.

So, thank you girls, for keeping my evening less than boring!

4 comments:

Mgam said...

Wow I didn't realize you all had such interesting nights. I'm feeling kind of uncomfortable now...

Stacey said...

Not usually. I have a pretty boring and uneventful life, but you have to consider the rest of the "cast" involved. Nothings boring when Jayna is around.

Mgam said...

I know you're just being humble. Jayna isn't THAT exciting. I'm sure you have a regular dance party at your place weekly.

Stacey said...

It was one of those "classic moments". I still laugh thinking about it.